Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Ian Robinson <ia...@googlemail.com> on 2010/02/01 11:04:45 UTC

Re: Geronimo JPA 2.0 API

While there is a lot of discussion in the OSGi EEG about *future*
versioning policy for APIs defined outside OSGi, there was a final
decision for JPA in the OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Specification. Which is that
the JPA 2.0 API packages should be exported as version 1.1 with a 'jpa'
attribute indicating the spec version. For example:
Export-Package: javax.persistence; version=1.1; jpa=2.0
And the RI will be changed in line with this. I believe the RI may also
export the API packages at 2.0 but the spec won't require this.
- Ian

1.1 API a JPA 2.0 provider  Fi for the