Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2021/07/21 22:17:49 UTC

svntools UnsupportedClassVersionError

I'm following the tutorial here to build ofbiz:

<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Tutorial+-+A+Beginners+Development+Guide+for+17.12>

When I issue ".\gradlew pullAllPluginsSource" I get this:

> at/bxm/gradleplugins/svntools/tasks/SvnCheckout has been compiled by a
more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 55.0), this
version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0

I installed OpenJDK 8 on Win10-x64 from here:

<https://adoptopenjdk.net/>

When I first got the error I discovered I had multiple Javas installed and
uninstalled all of them, then installed version 8 and rebooted. I removed
my .gradle directory to make sure I wasn't picking up any cached builds
from the initial attempt.

I see someone had a similar issue last April and the code was patched to
deal with it.

<http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/UnsupportedClassVersionError-td4749175.html>

I double-checked that I'm using the right Java:

>where java.exe
C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.222.10-hotspot\bin\java.exe

>java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_222"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_222-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.222-b10, mixed mode)

Re: svntools UnsupportedClassVersionError

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Jesus,

Please don't hijack threads when asking question. Better create a new thread, it's easier for us to spot your questions...

This said, have a look at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/How+to+send+emails

HTH

Jacques

Posted by JESUS GARCIA VIDAL <i1...@itpuebla.edu.mx>.
How send email in ofbiz, help!!

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 28/07/2021 à 16:32, Kenneth Porter a écrit :
> --On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 3:55 PM +0200 Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW I'm unsure of what you are speaking about here. Note that since 17.12
>> we use Asciidoc as our main tool of documentation. You may find more
>> there: https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/ stable is still R17,
>> next is R18 and trunk...is always trunk ;)
>
> The changes to the wiki look good. I'm guessing that Asciidoc is the source for the wiki?

Actually we have Asciidoc files in the source. We switched from Docbook, then mostly used to online help, to Asciidoc 3 years ago.  Asciidoc is used
to online help, source embedded and online documentation.

The wiki is normally used for not specific version things (broad features). It was used more before, but there is still a lot of dust...

HTH

Jacques

Re: svntools UnsupportedClassVersionError

Posted by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
> It's superfluous (and outdated) as all that explanation is in the Readme.MD at the link

BTW I'm unsure of what you are speaking about here. Note that since 17.12 we use Asciidoc as our main tool of documentation. You may find more there:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/ofbiz/site/ stable is still R17, next is R18 and trunk...is always trunk ;)

Cheers

Jacques

Re: svntools UnsupportedClassVersionError

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Kenneth,

I rather updated as it's in trunk

Thanks