Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ju...@bbs.darktech.org on 2002/09/10 17:04:36 UTC

HTTP 1.0 under Tomcat

Hi,

   I need to force Tomcat to downgrade to HTTP 1.0 support. I specifically need to test what happens when our HTTP 1.1 compliant client interacts with your HTTP 1.0 server for QA purposes. Does anyone know how this can be done using Tomcat or Apache? Are there old versions which are strictly HTTP/1.0 compliant I can use?

Thank you,
Gili

one servlet question

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
I have to write a servlet which will be a base servlet
for all servlets in my applications.
I have a class called GetConnection which gets the
connection from servletcontext depending upon some
parameters in the session, so i have go send
servletcontext, and session to this class.
now the question is should i create the instance of
this class in init method of the servlet or define a
seperate method and create the instance of that class
from doget or dopost method of the child servlet,(this
servlet will extend the base servlet).
i have this doubt because if i  create the instance of
this getconnection class in init method, it will be in
memory for the full life cycle of servlet(i.e. untill
i stop the app server).
so if i extend this base servlet for other 100 child
servlets, then there will be 100 instance of
getconnection for life cycle of servlet.
so am i thinking in the right way???
any suggestions
Ashish