Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/04/16 05:43:21 UTC

leading slash in site URLs (FOR-677)

Paul Kronenwetter (JIRA) wrote:

> ...Errors seen in broken-links.xml:
>   <link message="No pipeline matched request: solar/AstrovidSun.thumb.jpg" uri="
> solar/AstrovidSun.thumb.jpg">
>     <referrer uri="wholesite.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="/wholesite.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="/site.html"/>
>     <referrer uri="site.html"/>
>   </link>

Paul, a side-issue different to the Gallery one
that you are describing.

You might be suffering from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-677
"leading slash in gathered URIs causes double
the number of links to be processed"

Does the 'forrest site' report roughly double the
number of documents being processed, i.e. compare that
with the number of docs generated under build/site.

-David

Re: leading slash in site URLs (FOR-677)

Posted by CFAS Webmaster <we...@cfas.org>.
David,

  It's possible, I haven't looked at FOR-677.  Honestly, I've been able
to dedicate so little time to the CFAS site over the past few months
that I've completely ignored the build errors until yesterday.  I
hesitated to put anything into JIRA right now since I don't think these
items should impact 0.8's release, but I probably would have left them
for a while if I hadn't.

  I'm re-running forrest on the site, so I'll have numbers for you in
about 7 minutes ;)  Here's the last two lines from the forrest output:

* [1513/2]  [0/0]     0.499s 10.4Kb
/gallery/tosohatchee2005/images/leftarrow.png
Total time: 5 minutes 41 seconds,  Site size: 7,002,813 Site pages: 834

A find |wc -l on site/build comes up with 1008 files, but there are some
items there that forrest doesn't create and probably quite a few
remnants of things tested and subsequently ignored.

I'll take a look at FOR-677 when I return home from work tonight.

Thanks!
-Paul

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.