Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/12 21:31:08 UTC

Switching from a javascript-triggered HtmlCommandButton to HtmlCommandLink

I've got a number of controls that trigger a hidden refresh
CommandButton when the value changes (pulldowns, primarily).

I've been using:

		<script language="javascript">
		// <![CDATA[
			function pulldownChanged(){
       			document.getElementById("form:refreshButton").click();
			}
		// ]]>
		</script>

where form:refreshButton is a CommandButton.

Now I need to switch from a CommandButton to a CommandLink so I can
add some <f:param> attributes to the request.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a matter of just pointing the
javascript at the new UICommand.   Is there something different I need
to do to activate a JSF-backed link?

Thanks,
-Mike