Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anil Kumar T <an...@infics.com> on 2006/08/14 14:42:15 UTC

How to handle session validation in struts 1.1

Hi All,

I need to validate the user session in all actions. For this I tried
using saveToken, isTokenValid(), but failed to use them. Not sure what
the reason is but it fails during second request. Any info on this
particular step or is there any other way to handle the session in
struts?

Any help is appreciated.

Anil.

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite Computer Solutions and / or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or the entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at info.in@infics.com and delete this email from your records.

Re: How to handle session validation in struts 1.1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/14/06, Anil Kumar T <an...@infics.com> wrote:

> I need to validate the user session in all actions. For this I tried
> using saveToken, isTokenValid(), but failed to use them. Not sure what
> the reason is but it fails during second request. Any info on this
> particular step or is there any other way to handle the session in
> struts?

Tokens are used to prevent duplicate form submits, so failure on the
second request sounds correct.

If you need to do something in every Action, consider a base action
from which all of yours inherit, a Filter, or a security framework.

--
Wendy