Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Akacem Mohammed <Mo...@arbeitsamt.de> on 2003/01/07 17:29:27 UTC

& within a string / parser expects an entity reference

Hello ,

I am using Schemata to parse an xml file. and have among other the following element

<xs:element name="Firmname">
	<xs:simpleType>
		<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
		<xs:maxLength value="90" />
		</xs:restriction>
	</xs:simpleType>
</xs:element>

the firmmname element contains an & charachter for  example: Gmbh & Co.KG
the SaxParser is throwing the following error:

Fatal_Error The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.  at line:  7

How should I change the definition of my element in the *.xsd file so that the parser doesn't expects an

entity reference

thanks for any help

Mohammed

Re: & within a string / parser expects an entity reference

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
The XML is invalid.  It's not the schema giving you the problem.  You need
to use a &amp; instead of &.