Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jeff Gordon <je...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/14 16:40:32 UTC

Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1

EVERY time I click on the DOWNLOAD button I am taken to the site FREE FILE
OPENER.

All I am trying to do is download the update.

--
Jeff Gordon

Re: Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:40:32 +0000
Jeff Gordon <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> EVERY time I click on the DOWNLOAD button I am taken to the site FREE FILE
> OPENER.
>
> All I am trying to do is download the update.
>
> --
> Jeff Gordon

I don't know from which site you are trying to download, but the _ONLY_ site we recommend is
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect to SourceForge servers where the files are stored. Your download will start automatically in about five seconds, with no need to click on anything else.

There is no incremental update - the file should be about 146MB.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1

Posted by Jeff Gordon <je...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, got it wrong.

The site did not start downloading when I opened the site, it did start
when I logged on.

Tried it again, without logging on and the programme is downloading.

Jeff Gordon

--
Jeff and Olga Gordon

Re: Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 18:44:14 +0000
Jeff Gordon <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all very much.
>
> Your answers omit to say you should log-in first before the DOWNLOAD may
> start.

No, you do not need to login at all.
If a login is being requested your internet connection may be being hijacked.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 18:44:14 -0000, Jeff Gordon <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks all very much.
>
> Your answers omit to say you should log-in first before the DOWNLOAD may
> start.

sounds strange. try the direct link:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openofficeorg.mirror/4.1.1/binaries/en-US/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe?r=&ts=1421261808&use_mirror=heanet

Re: Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1

Posted by mt <mt...@lockedbags.org>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeff Gordon <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all very much.

--
Jeff and Olga Gordon

RE: Trying to update, I have 4.1.0 and I am trying to download 4.1.1