Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 17:46:45 UTC

error handling in screen widgets

Hi every one

first of all, I 'm wondering if anybody else is having trouble sending mails
to the user list
cause it seems some of my mails didn't go through ?

My question concerns error handling with screen widgets:
The Screen Widget system works fine if the error is global it'll be
redirected to the requested
response in the controller or by default to the error page of the
controller. (works fine)

My problem appears when one of the ftl's that construct a page contains an
error,
the page builds properly but only the broken part fills with the error page.
Therefore the finally rendered page properly structured.

I'm wondering is there a way to send the global error page when a sub widget
breaks ?
or has any one got a good technique for this ?

Thanks

Re: error handling in screen widgets

Posted by tibor katelbach <oc...@gmail.com>.
Thx, that sounds like a good path to try.

So I guess there is no way of throwing such an error back up to
the Screen Widget definition level or better to the controller ?

in any case thx for the thoughts
Tibor

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.