Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Dilan Tharaka <th...@cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2016/03/04 10:49:44 UTC

GSoC 2016

Hi,

I'm Dilan Tharaka an undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
I went though the Apache ideas list and found that Syncope IDE Plugin
project is interesting. I have few experience in Eclipse plugin development
but I haven't use Syncope before. Is it okay with this project ? If it's
okay can someone guide me on familiarizing with Syncope.

Thank you,

Re: GSoC 2016

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 10/03/2016 16:08, Mark Geller wrote:
> ilgrosso wrote
>> About GSOC 2016 we have published a single proposal at [1] which might
>> actually be split in two (for Netbeans and for Eclipse).
> Hi,
>
> My name is Mark Geller and I am first year masters student at Saint
> Petersburg State Academic University. Recently I found out about Syncope IDE
> plugin project, that caught my attention.
>
> Is there only two platforms considered(Eclipse/Netbeans)? Is ther an option
> designing plugins for other IDEs? For example I would be really interested
> in designing Syncope plugin for Intellij Idea.

Hi Mark,
glad of your interest in Apache Syncope.

IntelliJ Idea might also be considered as further option, but I would
give precedence to Eclipse and Netbeans, being open source projects.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: GSoC 2016

Posted by Mark Geller <ge...@gmail.com>.
ilgrosso wrote

Re: GSoC 2016

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 04/03/2016 10:49, Dilan Tharaka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Dilan Tharaka an undergraduate from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
> I went though the Apache ideas list and found that Syncope IDE Plugin
> project is interesting. I have few experience in Eclipse plugin development
> but I haven't use Syncope before. Is it okay with this project ? If it's
> okay can someone guide me on familiarizing with Syncope.

Hi,
glad of your interest in Apache Syncope.

About GSOC 2016 we have published a single proposal at [1] which might
actually be split in two (for Netbeans and for Eclipse).

You can find an introduction about Apache Syncope at [2].

Should you have more specific questions, please ask.

Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-770
[2] http://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html