Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Sylwester Prozowski <sy...@fingo.pl> on 2008/03/17 12:22:15 UTC

other decimal point

Hello,
I am creating a excel document which is used by Polish companies. Here
we have a standard that the decimal point is represented by colon ','
not by dot '.'
Is it possible to do it in poi? I haven't found anything about it.
Regards
--

Sylwester Prozowski

Re: other decimal point

Posted by Sylwester Prozowski <sy...@fingo.pl>.
Ok i found it.
u create a cel with a double value inside and apply format 0.00.
The display of '.' or ',' depends on the language version of the Excel.

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 17:07 +0100, Sylwester Prozowski wrote:
> if u want some number with decimal part u set it in excell.
> But the decimal "char" depends on the language. So for in english
> documents it is a dot. When u change language of the document to polish
> in all decimal numbers the char is changed to colon.
> If u use as a data format 0,00 or #,00 or anything with ',' and not '.'
> then the numbers are formatted without decimal part and ',' at instead
> of "'" so 69210145.00 (decimal part) changes to 69,210,145 (no decimal
> part)
> Regards,
> Sylwester
>
> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 14:50 +0000, Nick Burch wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Sylwester Prozowski wrote:
> > > I am creating a excel document which is used by Polish companies. Here
> > > we have a standard that the decimal point is represented by colon ','
> > > not by dot '.'
> > > Is it possible to do it in poi? I haven't found anything about it.
> >
> > Just use a different number format as the data formatting rule for your
> > cells. (Same as in excel, where you'd change the formatting rules on a
> > cell)
> >
> > Nick

Sylwester Prozowski
Java Engineer
FINGO
work: +48 71 332 99 83 | skype: sylwester.prozowski
FINGO sp. z o.o. | ul. ks. P. Wawrzyniaka 2 | 53-022 Wrocław
KRS: 0000020323 | Sąd Rejonowy we Wrocławiu, VI Wydział Gospodarczy
NIP: 894-26-83-871 | Kapitał zakładowy: 50.000,00 zł

Re: other decimal point

Posted by Sylwester Prozowski <sy...@fingo.pl>.

Re: other decimal point

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.