Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Kurt Heston <kh...@hestonsystems.com> on 2009/03/07 21:26:24 UTC

warn user a field has changed

I haven't been able to make this work since my upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.3.5:

http://javathoughts.capesugarbird.com/2007/11/warning-on-page-exit-for-wicket-12x.html

It was pretty slick.  I was able to warn the user that she/he had
changed a field without saving when trying to navigate away.  Is there a
better facility in 1.3.x that I can use for the same purpose?

Re: warn user a field has changed

Posted by Kurt Heston <kh...@hestonsystems.com>.
Problem solved.

I had both <wicket:head> and <head> sections in my html and the
FormModificationDetectorBehavior was being attached twice.  This was
causing a "too many recursions" error in the javascript and the code was
dying.  Pulling out the <head> tag and placing everything within
<wicket:head> cured it.

It's working again.

Posted by Kurt Heston <kh...@hestonsystems.com>.

Posted by Kurt Heston <kh...@hestonsystems.com>.