Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Damien Urruty <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/10 09:53:37 UTC

Change default path of ".cordova" folder

Hello guys,

I want to use cordova in a multi-user environment. I have noticed that at
the first use, cordova needs to download some stuff, and write them to a
".cordova" folder in my HOME folder. I would like to modify this process in
order to have a single folder for all my users. The idea is to have all the
stuff cordova needs downloaded once and at a single place.

Is this possible to change the path where the ".cordova" folder is created ?

Thanks in advance

Dam

Re: Change default path of ".cordova" folder

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Hi Dam,

The code for that is here:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/master/cordova-lib/src/cordova/util.js#L31

So, looks like if you set your HOME / USERPROFILE variable to somewhere
else that might do it.

You can also try and manage your downloads separately and do things via:
cordova platform add /path/to/cordova-android
cordova plugin add a.b.c --searchpath=/where/my/plugins/live

Even better would be if there was a CORDOVA_HOME variable... Which I'm sure
we'd be fine to add given a pull request :)