Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lee Loucks <LL...@wapa.gov> on 2005/12/07 00:10:10 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError

I have a service that I am trying to deploy that seems to be breaking
something in the Classloader. I am using Tomcat 5.5.12 / Axis 1.2.1

When I deploy the service, the following is added to
server-config.wsdd
==== server-config.wsdd ====
<service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*">
  <parameter name="className" value="mypackage.MyService">
</service>
========

If I browse to "localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet" all that is
displayed is "And now.. Some Services" and the Axis log reports:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mypackage/myService
  at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java(Compiled Code))

I have verified that
"webapps/axis/WEB-INF/classes/mypackage/MyService.class" exists, and
without MyService deployed AxisServlet lists the default services
correctly.  happyaxis.jsp reports that Axis can find all the libraries
it looks for.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or where to look for further
information?