Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ZHU Hua B <Hu...@alcatel-lucent.com> on 2013/11/01 01:59:38 UTC

How to increase the Throughput in Summary Report

Hi,

We are using Jmeter to test the performance of one App, and we need to increase the Throughput in Summary Report. We have tried to increase the number of threads, but it is useless, could you please tell us how to increase the Throughput in Summary Report? Thanks!

Best Regards

Johnny

Re: How to increase the Throughput in Summary Report

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Not increasing throughput can be caused by:
- lack of threads -> keep increasing thread number and verify if throughput
is increasing (make next thread count twice the prior)
- lack of resources in test environment and target environment -> add more
JMeter slaves, increase JVM memory parameters (JMeter and target server
tunning), monitor resources usage (CPU, memory, I/O, Swap, etc)
- lack of OS resources -> increase max open files parameter on Linux (I
don't know where to increase this on Windows) or any other parameter that
could limit the number of simultaneous threads on both environments (test
and target environments)
- lack of network resources -> monitor your network bandwidth usage. If
using almost 100% (over 80% of network bandwidth usage is a good tip of
overcharging) add more JMeter instances in a different network
card/interface that does not share resources with the original one
- lack of threads in target server -> change the thread limit in your
server configuration

Obs.: I'm assuming that you have total control of the target environment.
Just to make it clear, if you were testing a server under Openshift (Red
Hat Cloud  PaaS), for example, and your server was in a small gear, your
throughput would be limited to 17 requests per second. Then if you don't
have total control of your target environment, talk with its
administrator(s) to check if there's a limitation like this.

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
I might disagree with this... JMeter maybe at fault and you should always look at JMeter performance as you are load testing.

Posted by 黄吉浩 <13...@163.com>.

Posted by ZHU Hua B <Hu...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Hi,

Yes, we tried to minimize ramp-up time, but it is useless.

Best Regards

Johnny
Have you tried with minimizing ramp-up time ?

--
------
Regards

Re: How to increase the Throughput in Summary Report

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I should have added on different machines... or if the problem isn't in JMeter you're going to need to start tuning the application.

-- Kirk

Posted by Kirk Pepperdine <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ankush upadhyay <an...@gmail.com>.

--