Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/08 11:17:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1742534 - /commons/proper/io/tags/2.5/

On 6 May 2016 at 13:16,  <bi...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: bimargulies
> Date: Fri May  6 12:16:39 2016
> New Revision: 1742534

> Log:
> Honor both tagging conventions?

This is potentially confusing.

I think it should have been discussed first.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 May 2016 at 11:59, Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you look at the contents of
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/tags, you will see
> that the _existing convention_, dating back to 2.2, is to use the
> maven-release-plugin to create a tag like commons-io-xxx, and then to
> later add a tag for xxx.

Sorry, but that's not what I see.

Originally IO used IO_m_n[_RCn]

The convention was changed with 1.3.2 to use the default Maven
release:prepare convention, which is artifact-id-version.

This was followed until 2.2, when the names were changed again.

The convention was reverted in 2.5.

I don't see any examples of creating tags of the form M.N from
commons-io-M.N until 2.5

The 2.x tags (apart from 2.5) were all created from 2.x-RCn tags

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hi,