Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Joe Shisei Niski <jo...@nwea.org> on 2011/09/17 02:28:20 UTC

selectively enabling ProducerFlowControl

i'd like to enable ProducerFlowControl for all queues, with a few
exceptions.

my activemq.xml already has this block:

<policyEntries>
<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="${baseQueueMemory}mb">
</policyEntry>

if i add this block next, will that disable producerFlowControl for
queues whose names match the pattern?

<policyEntry queue="foo.bar.>" producerFlowControl="true"

--

*Joe Niski*
Senior Developer - Information Services | NWEA™

PHONE 503.548.5207 | FAX 503.639.7873

NWEA.ORG <http://www.nwea.org/> | Partnering to help all kids learn™

Re: selectively enabling ProducerFlowControl

Posted by Claudio Corsi <cl...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, it will disable the produce flow control for those queues that start with the foo.bar pattern.  If you add another pattern like foo.bar.more.> with producer flow control set to true then those queues that start with this prefix will have producer flow control enabled.

You can confirm this by opening the jconsole and looking at the attributes of the queue/topics.  One of the attributes is the producer flow control.

--Claudio

Posted by Joe Shisei Niski <jo...@nwea.org>.