Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by 冯伟 <wh...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/09 16:41:58 UTC

From Item-based Recommender to User-based Recommender

I found that only item-based recommender is implemented in version-0.6.
When I want to use the user-based recommender, all I need to do is to
transpose the input, i.e., <uid, itemid, rating> ---> <itemid, uid,
rating>,right? Is there any other differences between item-based and
user-based approach, which is not noticed by me?

--
Wei Feng

Re: From Item-based Recommender to User-based Recommender

Posted by 冯伟 <wh...@gmail.com>.
Aha! Thanks! I was only considering about computing the pair-wise
similarity. Now I got it.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Ah, distributed implementation. no there is no such implementation now, but
see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1004

Posted by 冯伟 <wh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.