Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Paul Duffy <pa...@cisco.com> on 2001/03/23 23:40:48 UTC

Re: Ver 1.3.1 won't operate with SOAP (1.2.3 works fine)

>!
>! ------- Additional Comments From zongaro@ca.ibm.com  2001-03-23 14:07
>-------
>! Xerces-J 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 support a subset of the W3C XML Schema Language as
>! specified in the 24 October 2000 Candidate Recommendations for
>Structures [1]
>! and Datatypes [2].  The schema vocabulary specified by [1] is identified
>by [3]
>! and the namespace URI is [4]; that's what Xerces-J 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 support.
>!
>! The URI's shown in the SOAP request and response were those supported by
>! Xerces-J 1.2.3, and that's why it works with these documents but
>Xerces-J 1.3.0
>! and 1.3.1 do not.
>!
>! The XML Schema for SOAP might need to be brought up-to-date; I haven't
>looked
>! into it.
>!
>! I hope that helps.
>!
>! [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xmlschema-1-20001024/
>! [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xmlschema-2-20001024/
>! [3] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema
>! [4] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance

Paul B Duffy                paduffy@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Re: Ver 1.3.1 won't operate with SOAP (1.2.3 works fine)

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Paul,

THanks for pushing on this issue and finding out the underlying
problem.

It turns out that Glen Daniels already committed a fix to Apache
SOAP to allow it to work with both schema URIs. I believe we may
need to make it more flexible yet, but its in the right direction.
Please try to version in CVS right now and see.

Thanks,

Sanjiva.