Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vishnu Viswanath <vi...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/30 15:44:22 UTC

RocksDB error with KStream

Hi All,

While running Kafka streams application with a "aggregate" function in it.
Running via docker (alpine linux). I am getting
*"*java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/tmp/librocksdbjni20844899025353663*88.so: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory". *similar to what is
described here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/confluent-platform/uFTFZh3v-kg/luNsCcRbBQAJ

In the Dockerfile I did create a temp directory with +w permission and pass
it as "-Djava.io.tmpdir". If I login into the instance, I could see that
librocksdbjni2084489902535366388.so file is created in the tmpdir, but
application still fails with unsatisfied link error.

Could solve it by changing to in memory store, but is skeptical if this
will be an issue later if the aggregate function uses lot of memory. Is
there any other suggestion on solving this problem (i.e., use rocksdb as
state store and run within a docker container)

Thanks in advance,
Vishnu

Re: RocksDB error with KStream

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.