Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Philipp Röthl <Ph...@intercom.at> on 2003/12/02 09:51:59 UTC

Using Client Certificate

Hi,

I'm trying to secure my Web service using SSL Client Certificate Authentication.

I followed the instructions on http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg105672.html to activate client authentication in Tomcat. I can access secured tomcat pages using Internet Explorer (with the imported client certificate).

Next, I imported the ca certificate (ca.pem) and the client certificate into the client keystore.

keytool -import -alias root -keystore client/client.ks -trustcacerts -file ca/ca.pem

keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore client/client.ks -trustcacerts -file client/client1.pem

Now I tried to deploy the service using the following command:

java -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore="C:\dev\ssl\client\client.ks" -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword="changeit" -cp %AXISCLASSPATH% org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient -lhttps://localhost:8443/gwa/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd

But I get the following Exception:
java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

What goes wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Philipp Röthl