Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ccharbonneau <cc...@mindoka.com> on 2013/06/27 15:26:44 UTC

Using the command line tools to delete multiple messages at once

I've been looking at the command line tools reference page for some time. The
purge task seems to do what I want, but I don't seem to be able to remove
multiple messages this way by specifying them directly using the message
selector option. I can either delete one message, or a range using
wildcards. Is there a way to use this task to delete messages by specifying
a list of full message IDs?

Re: Using the command line tools to delete multiple messages at once

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
or if you'd like you can patch the current tools and submit it :)

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM, ccharbonneau <cc...@mindoka.com>wrote:

> That is what I will do, then. Thanks for the help.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Using the command line tools to delete multiple messages at once

Posted by ccharbonneau <cc...@mindoka.com>.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
yah may have to script it using JMX api and call remove message multiple
times in a loop....

Posted by ccharbonneau <cc...@mindoka.com>.

Posted by ccharbonneau <cc...@mindoka.com>.
On 06/27/2013 12:04 PM, ceposta [via ActiveMQ] wrote:
> the purge command takes a selector or sql92 selector. could you just try
> (JMSMessageId = 'id1') OR (JMSMessageId = 'id2') OR (.....)?
I've tried different variations of that syntax and I appear to be
getting a MalformedObjectNameException each time. Could you give me a
full example with correct syntax so that I might understand better?

Re: Using the command line tools to delete multiple messages at once

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ccharbonneau <cc...@mindoka.com>.
I should specify that I am using ActiveMQ 5.8.0