Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nithya Prakash <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/09 14:33:32 UTC

Help required in assertion !!!!

Hello Everyone,

My scenario is like this.... defining few variables in UDV and giving
values..... when the script run its taking the value. Suppose am giving
Blank for the value in the UDV, the script takes blank.

Question:
#1. if i have to assert this blank value, how should i do it?? i mean if
there is a blank for that particular variable, the jmeter should stop the
script.

Is there a component which i could use for this scenario??

#2. Also is there a way to assert in the response which i get when the
script runs??
Example: when a request is passed, we get to see in the "View result tree
listener". when i click on any of the request i get to see the following in
the right window
1. Sampler Result Tab
2. Request Tab
3. Response Data Tab

can i use assertion on the "Request Tab" ??.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help required in assertion !!!!

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
Nithya,

    you can use an "If Controller" element, testing your smame variable for
non-blank, and put your "Create User" request inside it.
    if your want to see an error, not just avoid the request, I suggest you
to use other "If Controller", testing smame variable for blank, and inside
it add a HTTP requst you know will return a 404 code.

Hope it helps you.
Flávio Cysne

#1.
srname       AGJES