Posted to user@flink.apache.org by yu'an huang <h....@gmail.com> on 2022/08/29 12:39:45 UTC

The configuration might be lost in application mode when JobManager restarts

Hi team,

We found a case that the job configuration would be lost in application mode if the job manager restarted.

When developing a job, users might want to set their configuration in the main method of their user program. This is fine for YARN per job mode. The client will run the user program and save the configuration to the remote storage.

Since we want to run Flink job on Kubernetes, and there is no such per job mode on Kubernetes so we had to use the application mode. However, that becomes a problem. The configuration which are set in the user program will be lost since the user program won’t be run again when Job Manager restarts. Anyone suffer this issue?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Yuan