Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Florent Georges <da...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/12/20 19:47:01 UTC

[Bug?] How to preserve linefeed?

  Hi

  I didn't find trace of this bug in bugzilla, although I
guess it was already reported.  It related to the treatment
of linefeeds.  Given the following FO:

      <fo:layout-master-set>
        <fo:simple-page-master master-name="master"
                               page-height="845pt"
                               page-width="598pt">
          <fo:region-body margin-left="50pt"
                          margin-top="50pt"
                          margin-bottom="50pt"
                          margin-right="50pt"/>
        </fo:simple-page-master>
      </fo:layout-master-set>
      <fo:page-sequence master-reference="master">
        <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
          <fo:block>
            <fo:inline linefeed-treatment="preserve"
                       white-space-collapse="false"
              >Bla&#10;bla</fo:inline>
          </fo:block>
        </fo:flow>
      </fo:page-sequence>
    </fo:root>

  With 0.20.5, the linefeed is preserved iff
'white-space-collapse' is 'false', although I think it's not
releated (and 'linefeed-treatment' have no effect on this).

  With 0.90, I didn't find any way to preserve the linefeed.

  Is this a bug?  Is there a workaround?

  Regards,

--drkm

Re: [Bug?] How to preserve linefeed?

Posted by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>.
On Dec 20, 2005, at 19:47, Florent Georges wrote:

Hi,

> I didn't find trace of this bug in bugzilla, although I
> guess it was already reported.  It related to the treatment
> of linefeeds.  Given the following FO:

Strictly speaking, this is dubious

>           <fo:block>
>             <fo:inline linefeed-treatment="preserve"
>                        white-space-collapse="false"
>> Bla&#10;bla</fo:inline>
>           </fo:block>

Both properties don't apply to fo:inline --meaning: specifying them
there has no effect on the inline itself-- but are inherited from the
fo:block.

Try:

<fo:block linefeed-treatment="preserve"
           white-space-collapse="false">