Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Benjamin Higgins <bh...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/23 19:52:25 UTC

When will we see 0.8?

I've heard it's pretty stable.  Should I use 0.8 CVS now or wait for it to
be officially released?

Is there a friendly changelog for 0.8?

Also, will 0.8 require its own Tomcat instance like 0.7 did, or will it play
nice not being the ROOT?

Re: When will we see 0.8?

Posted by Stefan Neufeind <ap...@stefan-neufeind.de>.
Benjamin Higgins wrote:
> I've heard it's pretty stable.  Should I use 0.8 CVS now or wait for it to
> be officially released?

We're using it, since we wanted some of the new features. During testing
some problems turned up, that we were luckily able to fix easily with
available patches. For those where e.g. there was a new feature but the
 patch not yet rewritten from 0.7 to 0.8 we've submitted an updated
patch. So I guess a basic 0.8 should easily work for you. If you got
problems in one area, see jira or ask here.

But as always: If you want something stable (read: without using at
least one finger to touch source), go for 0.7 imho.

> Is there a friendly changelog for 0.8?

Not sure, sorry.

> Also, will 0.8 require its own Tomcat instance like 0.7 did, or will it
> play nice not being the ROOT?

Works as non-root. There is also a very simple patch in jira to
implement that for 0.7 as well (1 line if I remembere right).

Regards,
 Stefan

Re: When will we see 0.8?

Posted by Matthew Hannigan <ml...@zip.com.au>.
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 10:52:25AM -0700, Benjamin Higgins wrote:
> Also, will 0.8 require its own Tomcat instance like 0.7 did, or will it play
> nice not being the ROOT?

FWIW, I run 0.7.2 non-ROOT