Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick <rs...@rematch.nl> on 2001/04/20 12:15:47 UTC

New to user-mailing-list

Hi people,

I'm new to the Tomcat-user-list,
main reason for this was ofcourse an annoying problem with installing Tomcat
the way I want.
I was hoping somebody reading this mail could help me.

My situation is as followes:

I want a JSP Server on Linux with Apache for better stability
I have:

- Red Hat 7.0 (installed without X-Windows)
- MySQL 3.23.35 (RPM)
- Apache 1.3.19 + Php-4.0.4pl1 ( Installed according to docs on
http://www.php.net )
- JDK 1.3 (RPM) fixed the "libstc++-glibc6 versionproblem"
- Tomcat 3.2.1 (Binary dist)

Tomcat works fine
Apache works fine
PHP works fine
MySQL works fine

BUT ... I want to use mod_jk.so for Tomcat/Apache connection
this is where it goes wrong. As far as I understand self-compiling mod_jk.so
is not necissary
(even if I wanted to ... Apache doesnt support DSO here)

I did this:

- move mod_jk.so to: /apache/libexec/
- Start Tomcat
- edit httpd.conf and add the line: Include
"/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf.mod_jk.conf-auto"
- Start Apache

apache wouldn't start..
this is my Consoledump.
Sytax error on line 8 of /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto:
Invalid
command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the serverconfiguration
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Posted by Rick <rs...@rematch.nl>.
would that be the:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=most ?

(you could just told me =)

Posted by "Ansgar W. Konermann" <an...@inf.tu-dresden.de>.
Hello Rick, hi all,

[...]