Posted to users@ws.apache.org by Thomas Gärtner <tg...@software-tomography.com> on 2004/12/06 16:27:49 UTC

SecureXMLRPC

Re: SecureXMLRPC

Posted by Thomas Gärtner <tg...@software-tomography.com>.

Re: SecureXMLRPC

Posted by James Russo <jr...@halo3.net>.
Here is a patch which should take care of that (and one other issue with
auth)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xmlrpc-dev&m=110144688801391&w=2

-jr

Re: SecureXMLRPC

Posted by Thomas Gärtner <tg...@software-tomography.com>.

Re: SecureXMLRPC

Re: SecureXMLRPC

Posted by Thomas Gärtner <tg...@software-tomography.com>.

Re: SecureXMLRPC

Posted by Chris Picton <xm...@tangent.co.za>.
On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 16:27 +0100, Thomas Gärtner wrote:

> does anyone know how to setup the SecureXMLRPC on Client and Server side.
>
> I've tried to use a self signed certificate, set TrustStore and KeyStore with
> it, but obviously that is not enough. I've got an IOException thrown, the
> hostname should be <localhost> instead of localhost which I use.

Hi Thomas

The error 'the hostname should be <localhost> instead of localhost' is
caused by the hostname in the certificate.  Try creating a self-signed
certificate, but using the IP of your machine, not 'localhost', and then
connect to that IP.
Chris