Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Anshuk Chinmoy Pal Chaudhuri <An...@infosys.com> on 2007/03/02 17:32:15 UTC

Integrating Websphere MQ with Geronimo 1.1

Hi,

I am trying to integrate geronimo 1.1 with Websphere MQ.
I am trying to use a MDB and a jms adapter. The adapter would listen to the queue declared on websphere mq manager.
The eaxmple that is there at http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC10/integrating-a-third-party-jms-provider.html, I am trying to use that only.The example is given for geronimo 1.0 but I have changed all the required plans for geornimo1.1.
The ear application which I have created contains the adaptr.rar (similar to what is there in the example link) and a mdb (similar to what is there in the example link).
I am not defining any topics as what described in the example because I do not require those.
The application is getting deployed correctly.
But after when the adapter is trying to lookup the factory gerQCF in the class org.apache.geronimo.jms.connector.inbound.EndPointConsumer in the method getMessages ...after that nothing is happening.

I think I have configured the Websphere MQ wrongly as mentioned in the example.Although I have configured the JMSAdmin.config correctly and created the correct jms bindings using JMSAdmin.bat, otherwise while looking up the factory only a name not found exception would have thrown.

But what I am confused about is while configuring WebsphereMQ in the example
*	Run MQSC command using the following file found in <MQ_Install_Dir>/java/bin/MQJMS_PSQ.mqsc ( runmqsc pubsub.qmgr < MQJMS_PSQ.mqsc )

I am not able to do this part.Is this the reason why the process is getting stuck.

Please let me know. And if anyone has faced similar kind of problems and find a solution to it, let me know, so that I can send across the ear file.I did not want to send the ear to everybody in this mail so that I do not end up spamming everyone's mailbox.

Thanks.

 Regards,

Anshuk