Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kuppe <ku...@360t.com> on 2006/07/13 12:45:48 UTC

Question regarding JMX display

I am looking at a broker that i am running with a number of queues and topics
using JConsole. I am somewhat confused by what i see though...

I have created a queue destination from a session and a producer and
consumer for this destination - lets call it q1... In JConsole I see q1
directly under the Queue folder. However under the Topic folder, i see
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.q1 and
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.q1...

I am not sure whether this is normal or not!?!?! Can you please help me???
Is this correct behaviour and if so, can you explain this perspective so
that it also becomes natural for me? If this is not the correct behaviour,
could you suggest what i am doing wrong???

Thanks in advance.

Re: Question regarding JMX display

Posted by Kuppe <ku...@360t.com>.
Cool thanks James!!

Will read up;)

Re: Question regarding JMX display

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 7/13/06, Kuppe <ku...@360t.com> wrote:

> I am looking at a broker that i am running with a number of queues and
> topics
> using JConsole. I am somewhat confused by what i see though...
>
> I have created a queue destination from a session and a producer and
> consumer for this destination - lets call it q1... In JConsole I see q1
> directly under the Queue folder. However under the Topic folder, i see
> ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.q1 and
> ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.Queue.q1...
>
> I am not sure whether this is normal or not!?!?! Can you please help me???

This is completely normal. Things in the ActiveMQ.Advisory namespace are
advisory messages..

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/advisory-message.html

they are used so that you can monitor the system using JMS messages (to see
producers & consumers come and go for example).

--

James
-------