Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk> on 2002/02/12 16:15:06 UTC

Unable to create indexes with Lucene & Cocoon 2.0.1 // Content-Type problems

Hi,

I'm trying to create indexes on a custom C2.0.1 webapp. Currently my
/search/ directory is a copy of the example provided, but when I try and
create an index using create-index.xsp I get the following error:

DEBUG   (2002-02-11) 23:06.55:344   [core] (/search/create) Ajp13Processor[8009][1]/SimpleLuceneXMLIndexerImpl: Ignoring http://foo.internal.luminas.co.uk:80/welcome.html?cocoon-view=content (text/xml; charset=iso-8859-1)

As far as I can tell, lucene is ignoring the page because it has a content
type of "text/xml; charset=iso-8859-1" and not just "text/xml". I've
hacked cocoon to accept a content-type and an encoding, but it doesn't
seem like the right way to do it.

So, questions:

1) Is there any way to tell cocoon to turn off charset additions to the
Content-type header?

2) If there isn't, it looks like the Lucene bits will need modifying to
either add to the allowedContentType or to do more parsing of the
contentType string. Any thoughts on the best way to do this? I've attached
patches that do this, but it's probably not the most elegant solution...

Andrew.

Managing Director                              Tel:  +44 (0)20 8553 6622

RE: Unable to create indexes with Lucene & Cocoon 2.0.1 // Content-Type problems

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Hi,

Your solution looks good also a little bit heavy. Try latest CVS if it
works for you. It seems to be working now according to my tests -
encoding is completely ignored.

Regards,
Vadim

Andrew