Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcos Silva Pereira <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/07 20:19:38 UTC

Custom plugins are not found in internal repository.

Hello, I've developed some custom mojos to Maven and try to install and
deploy to a internal repository. The internal repo is configured to me using
/local/repository/.m2/settings.xml like I show below:

<profiles>
    <profile>
        <id>provider-profile</id>
        <repositories>
            <repository>
                <id>provider-repository</id>
                <name>Repositorio de libs interno da Provider
Sistemas</name>
                <url>http://192.168.10.254/maven</url>
            </repository>
        </repositories>
    </profile>
</profiles>

And I have configured deployment management in mojos' pom.xml like the code
below:

<distributionManagement>
    <repository>
        <id>provider-deploy-repository</id>
        <name>Repositorio para Deploy das libs Provider</name>
        <url>file:////192.168.10.254/maven</url>
    </repository>
    <snapshotRepository>
        <id>provider-snapshot-repository</id>
        <name>Repositorio para guardar Snapshots</name>
        <url>file:////192.168.10.254/maven</url>
    </snapshotRepository>
    <site>
        <id>${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}</id>
        <name>${project.name}</name>
        <url>file:////192.168.10.254/maven/sites/${project.artifactId}</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

I have fully access rights to this network path, after execute "mvn clean
install deploy" to some mojo, when I loook to its deployment path, the files
are there. But, when some other developers, that have settings configured
like me, try to use the mojo, he(she) get the following message:

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file
-DgroupId=com.provider.maven.plugins-DartifactId=maven-i18n-plugin
        -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

Must I configure profiles - or internal repositories - in some place in
order to enable mojos downloads?

Thanks.

--
Marcos Silva Pereira
recife - pe

Re: Custom plugins are not found in internal repository.

Posted by Marcos Silva Pereira <ma...@gmail.com>.

> Hello, I've developed some custom mojos to Maven and try to install and
> deploy to a internal repository. The internal repo is configured to me using
> /local/repository/.m2/settings.xml like I show below:

A tiny correction, the path to settings.xml is
/local/repository/settings.xml instead ../.m2/settings.xml.

Kind Regards,

Posted by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com>.
Of course, you are right.  I forgot to change the repository tag to
pluginRepository.  I knew I should have looked at my own settings.xml
file to be sure.

..David..

Posted by Marcos Silva Pereira <ma...@gmail.com>.
David, thank you very much. Your tip solve my problem. Only to information
purpose, my plugin profile is configured like the following:

<pluginRepositories>
    <pluginRepository>
        <id>provider-repository</id>
        <name>Repositorio de libs interno da Provider Sistemas</name>
        <url>http://192.168.10.254/maven</url>
    </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

Kind Regards,

Posted by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com>.
I believe you have to specify your repository as a plugin repository
(using the pluginRepository element) if you want Maven to look there for
plugins.

<profiles>
    <profile>
        <id>provider-profile</id>