Posted to user@struts.apache.org by enthucoder <sr...@wachovia.com> on 2007/10/22 19:27:59 UTC

[S1] Ping another page from within a struts application

Hi,

I am not sure if this a struts question exactly, but neverthless I need help
:).

I am trying to integrate 2 apps, app 1 on platform 1 (non JEE) and app2 on
JEE based.

I have requirement where, i need to send session id of app2 to a listener
page in app1 (i.e non jee based one and i am allowed to send this
information as a 'get'), everytime the a new page loads or user goes to new
page in app2, without transferring control to app1 .

Can somebody point me towards how best i can achieve this?

Re: [S1] Ping another page from within a struts application

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Am Montag, 22. Oktober 2007 19:27:59 schrieb enthucoder:
> I have requirement where, i need to send session id of app2 to a listener
> page in app1 (i.e non jee based one and i am allowed to send this
> information as a 'get'), everytime the a new page loads or user goes to new
> page in app2, without transferring control to app1 .
>
> Can somebody point me towards how best i can achieve this?

If you want to execute something everytime an action is called in struts2 you
could use a custom interceptor.

http://struts.apache.org/2.0.9/docs/interceptors.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.9/docs/writing-interceptors.html

	Piero

Re: [S1] Ping another page from within a struts application

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I do not understand what you're trying to achieve. You cannot send
information to "pages" unless you're doing client-side scripting. You can,
however, send a new request to a server with information.

Paul