Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2023/10/29 11:01:41 UTC

Live Instance Backup

Hi CS community,

We're running CS 4.15.0.0 and KVM hypervisor. It doesn't support live
instance backups. Does the latest version of CS and KVM/QEMU have this
feature in place?

TIA
Cheers.

Re: Live Instance Backup

Posted by Simon Weller <si...@gmail.com>.
Sven,

That's great! I should have said "any storage that supports QCOW2, should
support live VM Snapshots".

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023, 4:05 AM <me...@swen.io> wrote:

> Hi Fariborz,
>
> I want to add to Simon's answer that also linstor storage plugin supports
> live snapshots and not only NFS storage.
>
> regards,
> Swen

AW: Live Instance Backup

Posted by me...@swen.io.

From: Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 30 October 2023 at 12:49 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Live Instance Backup

Re: Live Instance Backup

Posted by Jithin Raju <ji...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Fariborz,

From: Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 30 October 2023 at 12:49 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Re: Live Instance Backup

Posted by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Could you please let me know what is the
setting nams in CloudStack?

TIA

On Mon, 30 Oct 2023, 04:37 Simon Weller, <si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fariborz,
>
> KVM does support live (running) snapshots, but it's dependent on the
> underlying storage you're using. Currently, only NFS supports live snaps,
> as KVM stores the memory in a QCOW2 image.
>
> There's a global option to enable this feature in CloudStack.
>
> -Si
>
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2023, 6:02 AM Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi CS community,
> >
> > We're running CS 4.15.0.0 and KVM hypervisor. It doesn't support live
> > instance backups. Does the latest version of CS and KVM/QEMU have this
> > feature in place?
> >
> > TIA
> > Cheers.

RE: Live Instance Backup

Posted by cr...@istream.today.
Hello Ludjon,

That sounds like a prudent approach to ensure that our hosting solutions align well with your audience's needs and expectations. We're on board with beginning our collaboration through a Sponsored Review article, a listing in one of your articles, and a promotion in your newsletter. Could you please share the associated costs for these services? We’re eager to understand the investment required and to initiate this partnership.

Warm regards,

Cristian
Shape.host Team

Re: Live Instance Backup