Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Will Nordmeyer <wi...@willspc.net> on 2006/04/27 15:47:31 UTC

Bayes troubles

I'm running SA 3.1.1 on my Cobalt RaQ 4 and have been having expiration
troubles.  A mail message comes in, and as part of the process, the
auto_expire runs (it seems) - it frequently times out though, leaving
the half finished expire file out there (which then results in grumpy
customers complaining because their accounts are full).

I tried switching to a systemwide Bayes -
I created a directory /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes
I gave that directory 777 permissions and made the owner "nobody"

I added the following fields to local.cf

# Enable the Bayes system
use_bayes 1
bayes_file_mode 0777
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes

But it seems that everybody's local bayes system continues to be run.

What'd I do wrong?

--Will

RE: Bayes troubles

Posted by Will Nordmeyer <wi...@willspc.net>.
OK...  I did the greps you recommended and didn't find any use_dcc lines...
I even did:

grep use_dcc /home/sites/*/users/*/.spamassassin/user_prefs and still didn't
find anything (checking all user directories).

(actually, my running SA build is in /home/spam-filter... (bin, share, etc.
- I'm on a cobalt RAQ and can't upgrade the primary PERL to PERL 5.8 - so I
made a little subsystem)

I found the report_contact flag in the 10_misc.cf in both
/usr/share/spamassassin & /home/spam-filter/share/spamassassin.

I have an old build in /usr/share/spamassassin that I need to delete (thanks
for reminding me).

I think I'll hold out until V3.1.2 is released since, according to traffic
here, it is fairly close.  (Maybe I'll download & install the latest razor
and be razoring as well now).

Thanks Matt!

--Will

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.