Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/06/28 01:41:30 UTC

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "Status does not show non-proxied requests info" on Linux (fwd)

Acked! I can't reproduce the problem, but if this does make sense.... maybe
we should put it in.

<Aram>

P.S. Can anyone do the Apache-1.1-aout binaries?  I can do ELF no problem
with 5.2.18, and 5.3.12.

> From: Julio Sanchez <js...@gmv.es>
> To: Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com>
>
> Hi Aram,
>
> The appended patch seems to improve the display.  But I don't really
> have much faith in it, it seems to me like a band-aid.  I think it is
> not fixing the root of the problem but rather its symptoms.
>
> More info is in order.  I am running Linux 2.0 with CONFIG_SKB_LARGE.
> What I was seeing is that connections would very quickly go into the
> FIN_WAIT1 state with lots of data queued as shown by netstat.  I think
> that those corresponded to servers that status were reporting as K,
> i.e. SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE.  As soon as servers got into that state,
> request information for them was wrong, not blank, just plain wrong
> (and I think in every case the request information shown for those
> servers was the one for my own request for status).
>
> Does this patch make any sense?
>
> All the best,
>
> Julio
>

> *** http_main.c.orig	Wed Jun 26 18:34:06 1996
> --- http_main.c	Wed Jun 26 18:34:54 1996
> ***************
> *** 1242,1248 ****
>   	while (r && current_conn->keepalive) {
>   	  bflush(conn_io);
>   	  destroy_pool(r->pool);
> ! 	  (void)update_child_status (child_num, SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE, (request_rec*)NULL);
>   	  r = read_request (current_conn);
>   	  (void)update_child_status (child_num, SERVER_BUSY_WRITE, r);
>   	  if (r) process_request (r);
> --- 1242,1248 ----
>   	while (r && current_conn->keepalive) {
>   	  bflush(conn_io);
>   	  destroy_pool(r->pool);
> ! 	  (void)update_child_status (child_num, SERVER_BUSY_KEEPALIVE, r);
>   	  r = read_request (current_conn);
>   	  (void)update_child_status (child_num, SERVER_BUSY_WRITE, r);
>   	  if (r) process_request (r);
>
> --
> Julio Sanchez, SGI Soluciones Globales Internet
> Tel: (91) 804 28 37 Fax: (91) 804 14 05  WWW: http://www.esegi.es
> jsanchez@esegi.es jsanchez@gmv.es
>  PGP Key fingerprint =  E5 29 93 6F 41 4E 00 E2  90 11 A1 8C 72 D0 DE 71

- --

  What is comedy?  Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making
  them puke.
                -- Steve Martin

Aram Mirzadeh				     Apache httpd team member
awm@qosina.com				     awm@apache.org
http://www.qosina.com/~awm/		     http://www.apache.org
	    PGP Key http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
           BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0