Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chinchih <ta...@chinchih.net> on 2007/07/27 22:26:10 UTC

T4: How to exclude dojo?

I know that Tapestry 4.1.x bundles with dojo, and to use the dojo functions, the
@Shell component will have to be used to include the necessary js files.
However, in our application we prefer to use jQuery instead of Dojo. I noticed
that if a Form component is used, Tapestry will output the following code inside
the generated <body> block:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
dojo.addOnLoad(function(e) {
dojo.require("tapestry.form");tapestry.form.registerForm("Form");
tapestry.form.focusField('button');});
// --></script>

Is there a way to "turn off" Dojo to avoid having to include dojo?

Thanks,
Chinchih

Re: T4: How to exclude dojo?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
There isn't currently a way to do this.  I have thought about it and
think I have a good idea on how to do this with T5 but am thinking
that it's not worth the investment in T4.  (it would require a lot of
behind the scenes refactoring and such that might be time better spent
on T5)

On 7/27/07, Chinchih <ta...@chinchih.net> wrote:
> I know that Tapestry 4.1.x bundles with dojo, and to use the dojo functions, the
> @Shell component will have to be used to include the necessary js files.
> However, in our application we prefer to use jQuery instead of Dojo. I noticed
> that if a Form component is used, Tapestry will output the following code inside
> the generated <body> block:
>
> <script type="text/javascript"><!--
> dojo.addOnLoad(function(e) {
> dojo.require("tapestry.form");tapestry.form.registerForm("Form");
> tapestry.form.focusField('button');});
> // --></script>
>
> Is there a way to "turn off" Dojo to avoid having to include dojo?
>
> Thanks,
> Chinchih

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

RE: T4: How to exclude dojo?

Posted by "ASTI Araza, Ariel D." <AD...@ayalasystems.com>.
This is not an answer to the question nor is it about T4, but I'd really like to see more jQuery support in T5. I've left behind dojo in favor of jQuery when I discovered its existence from this list.

Ariel