Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Antti Rauramo <an...@index.fi> on 2005/09/01 12:52:58 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5.5.9, endorsed jars and classloader

Yoav Shapira wrote:

>>With older tomcats this has been works fine for years now, but with
>>5.5.9 an IllegalAccessException is thrown.
>>

>Which older Tomcats?  Specifically, does it work in 5.0.28 or 5.5.7?  4.x and
>5.x tell a bit of a different story when it comes to classloading
>implementation.

The "older" is 4.1.31.

>>The server with Tomcat 4.1.31 runs Sun's JDK 1.5.0-b64, the one with
>>Tomcat 5.5.9 runs Sun's JDK 1.5.0_04-b05. It is possible for me to
>>upgrade the other if you think this may be an issue. The classloaders
>>toString() output is actually different, come to think of it...
>>

>It would be good to make them use the same JVM version, if only to rule out
>that variable.  But better yet, please test 5.0.28 and 5.5.7.

Tomcat 5.0.16 and Sun's JDK 1.4.2_02: valid classloader for A, null for B.

Sorry, for now I try to use the Tomcat's that I already have
installed... But this seems to rule out the JVM version, and pinpoint
the change to have happened between 4.x and 5.0.x.

--
Antti Rauramo
Index Information Technologies Oy