Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dmacuk <da...@actual-systems.com> on 2014/01/14 09:45:30 UTC

Facets

First excuse me if I do not use the correct terminology.

I have some records in a Solr document with a field called icDesc_en.

The contents of this field contains a sentences of two, e.g. "2.4l engine
automatic 5 speed", "Left front door, electric windows", etc.....

When I preform a search to retrieve facets on the field, it comes back as
individual words, e.g. engine:10, front:15 etc,

I would like the facet count to return "2.4l engine automatic 5 speed":20,
""Left front door, electric windows":15.

How can I make this happen?

TIA

David.

Re: Facets

Posted by dmacuk <da...@actual-systems.com>.
Karan,

The field was a "text" type, which by experimentation I changed to "string"
and all was OK.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

David

Re: Facets

Posted by Aruna Kumar Pamulapati <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

As Karan suggested,your current icDesc_en is tokenized (understandably you
need to do that if you want to search on it in powerful way). So the
solution is create another field say icDesc_en_facet and define "string" as
the type (like Karan suggested) and then do this : <copyField source="
icDesc_en" dest="icDesc_en_facet"/> .
Now you can use icDesc_en_facet to facet. Look for an example here:
http://serverfault.com/questions/463047/not-getting-desired-results-from-solr-facets

Re: Facets

Posted by Karan jindal <ka...@gmail.com>.