Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/09 18:44:30 UTC

[digester] setter methods named by element attributes values

Hello,
this is the input  xml:
<website>
  <pageclass>
    <page>
      <metadata name="title">the title</metadata>
      <metadata name="content">the content</metadata>
      <metadata name='someUknownName'>...</metadata>
    </page>
  </pageclass>
</website>

in the DigesterReader.java:

digester.addObjectCreate("website/pageclass/page",Notizia.class);

And here comes comes the problems:
--how to call notizia.setTitle("the title"); ?
--how to call notizia.setContent("the content"); ?
--how to call notizia.setUnknownValue("..."); ?

Notizia does provide all necessary setters.

the values of name attributes can vary greatly, so I need a general way to
invoke setter methods, retriving the name of the setter method to be invoked
by looking at the value of the attribute.

thanks to everyone,
valerio

--
To Iterate is Human, to Recurse, Divine
James O. Coplien, Bell Labs

Re: [digester] setter methods named by element attributes values

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
i followed your suggestion, and I came out with this:

private static class MetadataRule extends Rule {

          public void begin( String ns, String name,
                Attributes att) {
            Map ctx = new HashMap();
            ctx.put("METADATA_NAME", att.getValue("name"));

            getDigester().push( ctx);
          }
public void body( String ns, String name,
                    String text) {
                Map ctx = ( Map) getDigester().pop();
                String metadataName =  (String) ctx.get("METADATA_NAME");
                String methodName = StringUtils.capitalize(metadataName);
                Object onTop = getDigester().peek();
                try {
                    Method metadataSetter =
                        onTop.getClass().getMethod("set"+methodName, new
Class[] {String.class});
                    log.info("Method via reflect: "+ metadataSetter);
                    metadataSetter.invoke(onTop, text);
                } catch(NoSuchMethodException nsme) {
                    nsme.printStackTrace();
                } catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {