Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark McDowall <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 14:35:57 UTC

[users@httpd] sh permission denied

I am new to apache and am having problems.

The problem that I am having is that when I run a cgi script (Python), it is
able to return the information from the MySQL database, but when it is asked
to run an external program (clustalw), it is unable to find the command.

When I run the scripts through command line I am able to run the program and
the 'clustalw' command works.   I have even altered the command line to
specify the exact path and I get the following error message.

The error that is recorded within the error_log file is:
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] sh: /usr/*****/clustalw1.83/clustalw: Permission
denied

I use Apache 2.0.52 running CentOS4 (Fedora Core 4).

I have tried searching the forums, but to no avail.   I have tried creating
a new <Directory /> section that has the path of the program, this did not
work, I have changed the user name and group to my own, which does have the
correct permission, but I get the same result.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Mark

--
Mark McDowall