Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/27 08:03:26 UTC

CosmosDB Cache invalidation service codebase location

Hi Team,

As part of supporting Multi Region deployment of OpenWhisk cluster on
CosmosDB we need to implement a Cache Invalidation Service [1].

This service would have 2 aspects

1. Listen for changes in specific collection. In this case using CosmosDB
specific feature called change feed
2. Convert the json docs to respective collections
CacheInvalidationMessage.

Here #2 can be common code but #1 is specific to CosmosDB.

Given above background wanted to check where should be keep this codebase.
Should we keep this as part of main repo or get a new repo created for such
CosmosDB specific services [2]

Chetan Mehrotra
[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/issues/4277#cache-invalidation-service
[2] Going forward we may have few more service making use of CosmosDB
change feed support

Re: CosmosDB Cache invalidation service codebase location

Posted by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com>.
For now created PR https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk/pull/4314
for main repo. If needed can rework this to create a new repo altogether
Chetan Mehrotra