Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Florin Popa <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/30 18:22:53 UTC

Ofbiz templates

Hello all,

I am using Ofbiz ecommerce module, the version is 4.0.

I am aware an upgrade to latest version would not be very easy so the
question is: does latest version offer more advanced flexibility of
templates and CSS regarding a more flexible layout for shop user interface?

Thanks,
 Flopa

Re[2]: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Петр Богданов <bp...@ukr.net>.

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Florin:

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Florin Popa <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> And also some issues pending, see
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>
>> Lot of work going on in CSS area so *Yes* you will see lot of the things
>> advanced in latest trunk revision.
>>
>> To review the current ecommerce front store you can visit following
>> link.
>> http://demo.ofbiz.org/ecommerce/control/main
>>
>> --
>> Ashish
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Florin Popa
>> <fl...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am using Ofbiz ecommerce module, the version is 4.0.
>>>
>>> I am aware an upgrade to latest version would not be very easy so the
>>> question is: does latest version offer more advanced flexibility of
>>> templates and CSS regarding a more flexible layout for shop user
>>> interface?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>  Flopa

Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Tim:
I thought that was what I was doing with the several Jira issues (and
patches) I submitted. And sure, I will continue to report problems as I
see them. Everything I wrote about in my original response to Florin has
been reported. My bad is that I don't have the time to track each issue
w/each release. Going forward, however I will try to do a better job of
managing my submitted issues and correlating them with releases and fixes.

re Florin: I agree that the core product has moved forward significantly
since the 4.x release. In fact, I took the plunge and I am using it to
support distribution of the books I have written
(http://www.myofbiz.com). The good news is that the framework and core
remain rock solid and provide everything I need to do that. Sadly, the
very part of OFBiz I was hoping to make the most use of right
off-the-bat requires too much upfront customizations to get up and
running quickly. I discovered this the hard way - I tried to use it for
screen shots for the books and build the website store at th same time.
It was easier and faster to just start over and write my own
components.  Eventually, I plan to get back to using the eCommerce
application to build a store etc. but for now, all I can do is lament
that while the HTML and CSS restructuring may be an improvement, it
doesn't make adoption for new users a very appealing prospect.

Tim, and all the hard working OFBiz supporters/committers out there, my
goal is to get as many people looking and using OFBiz as I can. I don't
get paid to endorse it - and certainly not to critique it - but I really
do just want continued improvement. It is still the best thing going for
enterprise automation!

Regards,
Ruth

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hello Tim:

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Thanks Jacques - that is great to know.  I have not seen these - maybe
because I'm not on Windows - I didn't know.  Have you tried altering
any of the padding / margins to test it on Windows?  If I had a box
here, I'd be all on it with you.  The others have not been an issues
for me at all.

Btw, these are all very simple CSS fixes though - I doubt any of them
have to do with the layout - so anyone with a windows box should be
able to look at the styles and update them where appropriate and
submit patches.  Looking forward to it - the flexibility is there, now
it's time we all learn to use it and fix it up.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Same problems on Ubuntu 8.04 with FF3.5...
Jiras issues updated

Jacques

Re: Ofbiz templates

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hello Ashish:

Re: Ofbiz templates

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
ff 1m5 windows looks ok

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 10/31/2009 10:48 AM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation

Re: Ofbiz templates