Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jason <jd...@renci.org> on 2013/02/06 22:01:56 UTC

refresh/update bundles

Hi all,

I am trying to refresh a bundle from the Karaf console.  I have a
features project that describes the bundles I want deployed & I have a
distribution project to build a custom Karaf instance.  All that works
great, but when I rebuild my project from source & execute a
"features:uninstall <somebundle>" & then "features:install
<thesamebundle>", that bundle is not refreshed/updated.  Does Karaf
provisioning behave differently when bundles are assembled via a custom
distribution vs just running "osgi:install -s mvn:somebundle"?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: refresh/update bundles

Posted by Christoph Gritschenberger <ch...@gmail.com>.
When using maven, you can use

bundle:watch <bundle-id>

or

bundle:watch *

and just call mvn install on your project. The watcher detects the
change in your local .m2 and updates the artifact.

kind regards,
christoph

Re: refresh/update bundles

Posted by Jason <jd...@renci.org>.