Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by "Peter A. Bigot" <pa...@pabigot.com> on 2014/05/18 17:15:49 UTC

re-enable git mirror?

I see discussion back in January regarding converting to a native git
repository, but that's more than I think is necessary.

Before the move to incubator, the log4cxx part of the SVN repository was
automatically mirrored to both Apache's git area and github at
https://github.com/apache/log4cxx, per http://git.apache.org/.  The move
apparently lost that synchronization, in that the last commit on github
is from August 2013 corresponding
to:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4cxx/trunk@1511179

Could that mirroring be restored (and the default github branch switched
from mcatan to master)?  Even if it's a full re-export/rebase due to
paths changing so it's not forward compatible with the hold version,
having the current changes available on git does increase the set of
potential external contributors and beta-testers.

Thanks.

Peter

Re: re-enable git mirror?

Posted by "Peter A. Bigot" <pa...@pabigot.com>.