Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz> on 2015/03/26 13:19:43 UTC

Qpid JMS 0.1.0 and SASL EXTERNAL

Hi Robbie, Tim,

I was wondering ... does the new JMS client already support SASL EXTERNAL
authentication? It looks like it selects the EXTERNAL mechanism when it is
offered by the broker, but it looks like it never responds to the challenge
sent by the broker (Qpid C++ 0.22 / MRG-M 3.0).

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Re: Qpid JMS 0.1.0 and SASL EXTERNAL

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Robbie,

Oki, great. Please let me know in case I can help you with testing or
something like that.

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jakub,

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Robbie,

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jakub,

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jakub,

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 03/26/2015 08:19 AM, Jakub Scholz wrote:
> Hi Robbie, Tim,
>
> I was wondering ... does the new JMS client already support SASL EXTERNAL
> authentication? It looks like it selects the EXTERNAL mechanism when it is
> offered by the broker, but it looks like it never responds to the challenge
> sent by the broker (Qpid C++ 0.22 / MRG-M 3.0).
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Jakub

I know that Robbie did add some initial support for EXTERNAL but I'm not
sure to what extent it was tested or working, so we'd have to peek and
see.  My suggestion is that if you run into things like this you open a
JIRA at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPIDJMS/ to capture your
environment, broker config etc and we can try and get things sorted out.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.