Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by lo...@fastmail.fm on 2014/04/28 14:00:50 UTC

Ramp-up using constant thoughtput timer

Hi,

I am using a constant throughout timer to specify x requests per second.
This seems to override the thread properties in the thread group which
is ignoring ramp-up. I wondered if it was possible to ramp-up using the
constant throughout timer?

Many Thanks

Paul

Re: Ramp-up using constant thoughtput timer

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.
When using Constant Throughput Timer response times tend to influence. You
have to increase threads number, sometimes much more, considering these
response times. If you want 10 request per second and your request is
responded in 2 seconds, you'll need at least 20 threads to achieve your
goal. If you have many requests in your script, keep in mind that the worst
response time will pull your needed threads number even higher.