Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jerome Michaudon <mi...@ri.silicomp.fr> on 2002/11/04 14:54:30 UTC

CMYK colors

Hi,

I got a svg file which uses cmyk color:
<text fill="cmyk(1,0.78,0.059,0) ...>...</text>

I cannot figure out how to handle it using batik 1.1.1 (I got a DOM
exception:
org.w3c.dom.DOMException: The "fill" property does not support function
values.)

Should I specify an ICC profile and how to do that ?

Thanks.

Jerome

RE: CMYK colors

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
> I got a svg file which uses cmyk color:
> <text fill="cmyk(1,0.78,0.059,0) ...>...</text>
>
> I cannot figure out how to handle it using batik 1.1.1 (I got a DOM
> exception:
> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: The "fill" property does not support function
> values.)
>
> Should I specify an ICC profile and how to do that ?

cmyk colors are not part of the svg specification and you should use icc
colors instead. You can have a look in our samples/tests directory
(available in the developer distrib) or see the SVG specification.

Hope that helps,
Thierry.