Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by afp images <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/23 13:28:34 UTC

afp images

Dear All
I am new to AFP and i am unable to work with color images
i have used <image mode="color"> in xconf file and in the xsl file i am
specifing that in simple-page-master as
<afp:include-page-segment  id="dsdasd" name="s1islogo"
src="C:\FOP\images\combo_big.jpg"/> and inside the block container my code
is as
<fo:block-container position="absolute" top="5.50in" left=".86in"
right=".45in">
<fo:block >
<xsl:element name="fo:external-graphic">
                    <xsl:attribute
name="src">C:\FOP\images\combo_big.jpg</xsl:attribute>
                  </xsl:element></fo:block>
</fo:block-container>
now the problem is i am able to view b+w image but not color images.plz help
me out how to over come this issue.my image is of 30kb file.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sekhar.

Re: afp images

Posted by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sekhar,
The xml you have provided is not xsl fo (looks like a style sheet).  Could
you provide the actual fo you have used - you can strip out unrelated stuff
and we can replace the image with something local.

Cheers,
Pete

Re: afp images

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
In this case, the JPEG is never actually used since you map the URI to a
page segment. You've used "s1islogo" which is a colored demo page
segment bundled with IBM's AFP Workbench. This is what will be used in
the AFP file. So if that page segment appears in black&white I assume
that the conversion to back&white happens in the viewer/printer, i.e.
after FOP has generated the AFP file. Have you check another AFP viewer? HTH

On 23.04.2010 13:28:34 afp images wrote:

> Dear All
> I am new to AFP and i am unable to work with color images
> i have used <image mode="color"> in xconf file and in the xsl file i am
> specifing that in simple-page-master as
> <afp:include-page-segment  id="dsdasd" name="s1islogo"
> src="C:\FOP\images\combo_big.jpg"/> and inside the block container my code
> is as
> <fo:block-container position="absolute" top="5.50in" left=".86in"
> right=".45in">
> <fo:block >
> <xsl:element name="fo:external-graphic">
>                     <xsl:attribute
> name="src">C:\FOP\images\combo_big.jpg</xsl:attribute>
>                   </xsl:element></fo:block>
> </fo:block-container>
> now the problem is i am able to view b+w image but not color images.plz help
> me out how to over come this issue.my image is of 30kb file.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
> Sekhar.

Jeremias Maerki