Posted to users@camel.apache.org by g8torPaul <pa...@ventyx.abb.com> on 2014/11/03 14:17:39 UTC

Re: CXF Inteceptor Error handling with Camel-CXF, JMS and ActiveMQ

Thanks, Willem.

I had already started down this route, but had some trouble. I finally got
it to work. The trick was to make sure that when the exception thrown/caught
by CXF, that I propagated that exception back into the Camel route using
another interceptor. The interceptor uses the following technique:

public void handleException(final Message message)
    {
    	Throwable exception = message.getContent(Exception.class);

		if (exception != null) {
			Exchange exchange = (Exchange) message.get("org.apache.camel.exchange");
			if (exchange != null) {
				exchange.setException(exception);
			}
		}
    }

This way the Camel route recieves the exception and can process the message
with an onException clause.

Thanks,

-g8torPaul